Feb 1, 2009

The last two months ...

Well, we have had a wonderful, yet busy two months since our last entry. As you can see from the pics below, our Christmas was packed with friends, family, fun, trips and even a paper Christmas tree! DeNiel's parents came from Missouri and we went to the beach, a coffee plantation, a nice restaurant up the mountain, and a few other fun places. We really had an amazing time together. The week went very fast! Our Nicaraguan family came to our house for a Christmas dinner. The children got stockings and a gift. They were very thankful. It was Pascual's first Christmas to celebrate as a Christian! Please continue to pray for this family. Pray for consistency with our Bible Studies and pray that Pascual Jasmina will invite others to join us.

We are still learning Spanish like crazy! Pray for us as well, that we will continue to learn the language and more importantly, to stay fervant and committed to our daily time with the Lord.He is good! Thank you for your prayers. God has been faithful.

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:17

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gillen's! We miss you so much. I can't believe how big Jacob has gotten! :o) I'm blogging now, so I hope to keep up with yours, too!

Causey Fam said...

Oh, I miss you more looking at your pics! Thanks for the update and sharing all the pics (I looked through all of them) ;o) Love Brooklin's hair and Jacob is such a handsome little man! Talk with you soon!

Jaimie Kleekamp said...

Hi DeNiel! This is so awesome what you're doing. I just wanted you to know that you started planting a seed in my heart 4 years ago. I've strayed from God all these years and I'm finally back where I should be. But I really have you to thank for that. I wanted the sweet bright light that you have in you and I know that if it touched me so deeply, I know you'll set that area you're in on fire for God. I pray for you everyday. God bless you and I lov ya!
Jaimie Kleekamp

barshoun@embarqmail.com said...

Hi Anthony and DeNeil,

I pray for you every Tuesday, but I hadn't checked in on you for a while. Just want you to know I'm still doing prayer backup for you.

It has been such a blessing to watch you two mature into the beautiful ministry God has called you to do.

Barbara Shoun

Anonymous said...

Gillens, We miss you guys. We're on our second neighbors as you know and no one can live up to you guys!

We're praying for you guys. The kids are so grown up!

Love to all Christy Forstrom and family.